Thursday, December 13, 2012

tring tring



Some of my friends get other friends to call and wake them up on days they have important meetings to attend, or a flight to catch. I was never big on those – my mother woke me up or if it was really very important, I’d think about it so much my body clock would rise to the occasion – quite literally in fact.
Wake up calls are of many kinds, some have warm voices of special someone’s softly whispering “waaaake upp…it’s time baby..honey..sugar plum…wake uppp …” Some good samaritans gave up on their precious sleep to wake another, with an equally groggy voice.

Though sometimes we need to be woken up, even when we’re not asleep.

My wakeup call came this afternoon, very unexpectedly, from an equally unexpected source. I think it’s these particular calls that shake the ground you stand upon and make you want to sit down and re look at your life and the way you lead it.

I’m pretty sure they’re embedded in the blueprint of our lives,  these calls are the forks on the dusty road that determine which path this individual will eventually take. They’re like second chances or like stops at the car wash – to take the dust off your windscreen, to help you see better, you know, fresher perspectives and all?
So these calls are good, they’re necessary – to take stock. They may not be sweetened and cushioned and warm, but harsh realities are a much needed thing sometimes.

I got mine at a decent time – with the New Year round the corner. It’s a great time to start new ventures or simply get back to those you never made enough time for, but loved wholeheartedly.

I hope you get your call, we all do – eventually. 

1 comment:

  1. " I hope you get your call, we all do – eventually. "

    I hope you are right, I hope I get mine soon, I hope you are sure when you say that..

    I am sick of it all!

    ReplyDelete